Stephanie Boychuk, B.Sc., B.Ed., M.Ed.Learning Technologies Support Specialist
Stephanie began her post-secondary education pursuing two different passions – Science and Education. She strongly believes in evidence-based decision making and hands-on learning – which led her to pursue a career as a molecular biology laboratory technician. During that time, she also worked as an afterschool Science and Math tutor for students in grades seven to twelve.
After moving to Nanaimo, Stephanie began working for the Centre for Innovation and Excellence in Learning supporting teaching faculty members and learners in their use of educational technology. Stephanie truly feels pursuing post-secondary education takes strength, passion and determination; so she is committed to supporting learners and the teaching faculty members who teach and support them.
In the spirit of life-long learning, Stephanie chose to advance her knowledge of online teaching and learning with a post-graduate diploma and masters degree in educational leadership, focused on educational technologies.
Areas of Expertise
Stephanie is excited to chat with you about Learning Matters (the digital learning commons for students) – especially if you have feedback or would like to contribute to the site!
Stephanie would love to talk to you about online course design and online teaching as well. She has experience designing courses within VIULearn (like the “VIULearn Student Orientation”, “Ready, Set, Go - Launchpad to Success at VIU!”, and "Let's Teach Online") and wants to make sure your experience in the system is positive. She also wants to help you use all the amazing educational technology tools VIU has to offer – like VIUBlogs, VIUTube and VIUOnline Rooms.
- Lewis, L., & Boychuk, S. (2017). Working together – Creation of a Fully Online Math Course. Presentation at Brightspace Connection – British Columbia Event. November 10, 2017. [Presentation Slides]
- Kirkham, J., & Boychuk, S. (2017). We saved HOW much time?! – Using the LOR to support student orientations. Presentation at Brightspace Connection – British Columbia Event. November 10, 2017. [Presentation Slides]
- Boychuk, S. (2017). Exploring Faculty Support: Successes and Challenges. Group Workshop presented at Educational Technology User Group (ETUG) Spring Workshop 2017. Kelowna, B.C. June 1 - 2, 2017.
- Boychuk, S. (2016). Quality By Design: Indicators for Quality Online Learning. Presented at Festival of Learning. Burnaby, B.C. June 6 - 9, 2016 [Presentation Slides]
- Boychuk, S. (2015). Effective strategies for supporting faculty in teaching high quality e-learning courses in post-secondary education (MEDL Major Project Paper). Vancouver Island University, Nanaimo. Retrieved from http://hdl.handle.net/10613/2636
- Boychuk, S., & Robertson, M. (2015). Ditching training workshops: Building learning capacities in new ways. Presented at Education Technology User Group (ETUG) Spring Workshop 2015. Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, B.C. June 4 and 5, 2015 [Presentation Slides]
- Robertson, M., & Boychuk, S. (2015). Digitizing the toolbox: Taking trades programs online. Presented at Education Technology User Group (ETUG) Spring Workshop 2015. Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, B.C. June 4 and 5, 2015 [Presentation Slides]
- Robertson, M., & Boychuk, S. (2015). Vancouver Island University’s transition to continuous delivery. Presented at Brightspace Fusion. Orlando, Florida. June 22 – 24, 2015 [Presentation Slides]
- Robertson, M., & Boychuk, S. (2015). Vancouver Island University’s transition to LSOne. Poster presented at Brightspace Fusion. Orlando, Florida. June 22 – 24, 2015