Date: Tuesday, Mar 28, 2017
We invite you to join us to explore the full range of ways faculty members can have an impact on an institution. This special session asks participants to reflect on the various roles available to us, and to consider how those roles can inform and shape a career path.
There are two sessions for the Nanaimo campus: Tuesday March 28 OR Friday, April 21. Both sessions will be the same. Each session is composed of three parts as follows:
- Making an Impact through Teaching and Learning (presented by the Centre for Innovation and Excellence in Learning)
- This part will introduce you to the new, fast-growing field of educational development that touches every corner of a post-secondary institution and what possible roles and activities faculty can undertake to be part of this field.
- Tuesday, March 28 (3:00 – 5:00 pm)
- Administrative Career and Leadership Development (presented by Carol Stuart, AVP, Academic)
- This part will identify how faculty can influence the nature of post-secondary education through a variety of administrative leadership roles and what activities can have an immediate impact, as well as how to prepare for a future leadership role in administration.
- Tuesday, March 28 (5:00 – 5:30 pm)
- Leadership through Scholarship, Research and/or Creative Activity (presented by Nicole Vaugeois, AVP, Scholarship, Research and Creative Activity)
- This part will identify ways for faculty to enhance their career progression in research and creative activity endeavours such as leadership of research teams, grant funding, developing research profiles and knowledge mobilization and engagement with disciplinary research associations in service roles.
- Tuesday, March 28 (5:30 – 6:00 pm)
More Details and Registration Form: https://survey.viu.ca/facultypractices.aspx
Location: Nanaimo Campus Library Building 305, Room 444