Date: Thursday, Aug 16, 2018
Do you need a quick refresher getting your VIULearn course ready for a new semester?
Many of these “semester start” tasks only happen once a semester. We find even experienced faculty members need a bit of help to make sure everything is ready to go in their VIULearn courses to ensure a smooth start to the semester.
In this hands-on session we will review the most common things you will need to do to get your VIULearn course ready for a new semester.
In this session we will review how to:
- Copy your course materials and activities between courses
- Quickly manage many of the start and end dates in VIULearn
- Hide and delete materials you do not wish students to see
- Customize your course image and banner in the new Daylight interface
- Preview your course and activities as a student
- Activate your course
- Inform your students about your course and help them access the VIULearn orientation
Audience | This session is designed for faculty members with existing courses in VIULearn. For faculty members new to VIULearn, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for available support.
Note | If you need one or more sections of a course mapped together, please send an email to email@example.com before attending this session.
Dates | Thursday, August 16, 9:30 - 10:30 am | B305, R508 | Registration | InVIU Direct Link
Tuesday, August 21, 12:30 – 1:30 pm | B305, R508 | Registration | InVIU Direct Link
Thursday, August 30, 3:00 – 4:00 pm | COWICHAN B700, R130 | Registration | InVIU Direct Link
Wednesday, September 5, 12:30 – 1:30 pm | B305, R508 | Registration | InVIU Direct Link
Contact | firstname.lastname@example.org | Centre for Innovation and Excellence in Learning