1. Faculty complete all required achievements including at least one additional activity of their choice for any one of the four areas. The shape and relevance of the additional activities can be discussed with the Centre for Innovation and Excellence in Learning at any time.
2. Faculty can be successful in any one area as an individual only once in duration of employment at VIU (e.g., receive only one Design of Learning Experiences Recognition of Achievements for their work). Faculty can submit and are eligible for Recognition as a member of a team, even if submitting for a category for which they have already received or plan to submit for an individual award. Faculty teams are eligible for only one award in any one area as a team.
3. The submissions for Design of Learning Experiences, Student Engagement, and Scholarly Reflection and Inquiry require a summary of demonstrations/evidence of achievement in the relevant category, along with documentation of engagement in peer observations with colleagues and a summary of the learning from that experience.
4. Digital submissions are accepted twice a year (late October and late May) through an email call from the Centre for Innovation and Excellence in Learning.
5. A Recognition of Achievements Committee will meet twice a year (early November and early June) to assess submissions, make decisions and provide feedback to both successful and unsuccessful applicants. The Director, Centre for Innovation and Excellence in Learning organizes the committee and communicates to faculty member with Committee decisions.
6. Submissions needing substantially more work will receive informative feedback for re-submission in next round. Minor enhancements can be immediately resubmitted for reconsideration within a week of the decision.
7. Successful faculty will be celebrated at a campus-wide special teaching and learning event each Fall. Faculty will be part of a panel and/or a presenter to highlight some of their achievements. All successful faculty will receive both a printed and digital certificate of achievement for their portfolios of work.
9. For inquiries and more details please email email@example.com